I’ve spent these first few weeks working through the various articles and chapter readings that Allison has given us to review. I’ve spent a lot of time going through the primary literature again, to (a) make sure I haven’t missed anything, (b) check if any new relevant research has been published, and (c) to try and better understand how the CAF challenges previous studies into Lithium doped RTILs. I have also spent some of my time designing new methods in the Lovis module in order to get Limited Angle viscosities. I made two methods, one being a Low Viscosity Limited Angle method which does one temperature data point and takes angles of (15, 20, 25, and 30) in order to get viscosities below 12cP, and a High Viscosity Limited Angle method which uses angles of (75, 70, 65, 60) which should be able to viscosities above 300cP. We tested the Low Viscosity Limited Angle method and found that it is spot on up to 6cP (this was our lower limit for our std’s data not of the method’s ability to detect), but we have yet to test the High Viscosity Limited Angle method. Allison said she is interested in testing the High Viscosity Limited Angle method by using CnmimPF6 or some high viscosity ionic liquid that there is literature data on. Since all of my solutions would require the use of this High Viscosity Limited Angle method I am on hold until the method is validated.
In the mean-time I am spending more and more time thinking about writing my paper, which for me involves a lot of primary literature review. I will be writing and rewriting some summaries for later this week, and starting to think about getting LaTex finally on my computer.