Caren Sullivan–May 13th, 2016

This past week I finished taking XRF data of the manuscript. I also took XRF of my samples, including my blank parchment, strips of ink on parchment, and parchment completely dyed with ink. I noticed very similar iron levels between my samples and the manuscript. I also collected Raman spectra of my parchment and ink on parchment using the 785nm laser. I upped the accumulation time to 40 seconds and took 5 scans for a total of 20 minutes. This increased the Raman signal significantly, bringing the intensity counts up to the 10,000 range. I also began collecting spectra using the 532nm laser. I plan to do SSRS to the 532nm spectra and manipulate the data such that we get the 785nm spectra back. I will continue doing this throughout the weekend and next week. This should be the finale of my project! Woo!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s